When opening a dollar store it is important to keep the name and location of your business in-front of current and prospective customers at all times. There are a variety of methods for achieving this goal. The problem is that in many cases the costs are too high. Store owners need to identify inexpensive, yet highly effective options. It doesnât matter whether you are just opening a dollar store or your store is already in operation. Read on; in this article I present 9 low-cost promotional items to advertise when opening a dollar store.
1) Balls â Imprint the name and address of your store on play balls. Then give them away to shoppers and their children to recognize special events. Play balls always make great giveaway items during your grand opening event.
2) Frisbees â Youâll find everyone wants a Frisbee; young and old alike. Once again it is important to imprint your storeâs name and address before giving Frisbees away. Focus on using Frisbees only for special events being held in your store. After all, you will impact Frisbee sales.
3) Calendars â Giving calendars away during the holidays and just after the beginning of the year is another proven technique for keeping your store name in front of shoppers. Inexpensive 12-month calendars can be found for sale on the internet. Order will in advance and be sure you are dealing with a reputable online seller.
4) Pencils and Pens â It doesnât matter what time of year; shoppers are always eager to get a new pen. Be sure the quality is high, or it will quickly be thrown away in disgust. Rather than motivating a customer to come back to your store you may end up losing a customer due to a cheap pen that never worked properly.
5) Memo pads of paper â Hereâs another year-around idea for you. Everyone likes having a memo pad sitting next to their telephone or on their desk. Every time they take a note or jot down a message your storeâs name is right there in-front of them.
6) T-shirts â Are you just opening a dollar store? Hereâs another great grand opening event idea! T-Shirts will require a higher investment than most of the ideas listed, but think about the publicity you can generate for your store when customers and their children wear your name everywhere they go!
7) Hats â Just like t-shirts, hats are a good idea for you grand opening event. Be sure you select a style that showcases the name of your store whenever the hat is worn.
8) Key chains â Hereâs a super-low-cost option. Whether itâs a grand opening, a special sale, a holiday promotion or just for everyday sales, key chains are a great option to use. Low cost, frequently used and useful as a giveaway for almost every imaginable event make key chains the perfect answer for keeping your store name visible.
9) Balloons â Giving away balloons works for almost all events. They are especially useful during your grand opening, or to note something special happening at your store. The cost is low. There is some labor and expense to inflate balloon, so plan ahead. However, these can work to get your name out there and to have it remembered.
The common thread with all of these items is to place the name, address, logo, and even a short message about your store on the item being given away. All of these are commonly used items by most people. Since they will be used routinely, a quick reminder about your store name and address will be in-front of every current and prospective shopper who has the item in their possession. Get your storeâs name in front of many people for little cost using these great ideas. It doesnât matter whether you are opening a dollar store or your store is already up and operating, consider rotating among the items over time to expand the impact they can have on your store traffic, sales and profitability.
To your dollar store business success!